Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Fall Fun 2010

We had another fun and busy fall this year.  Emily and Andrew had a field-trip to the pumpkin patch, and Mom got to go with them.  Unfortunately it was cold and rainy, but that didn't stop us from finding some great pumpkins!
 



October also brought a trip down to Salt Lake, and a visit to the zoo with cousins Jake, Grace, and Anna.
The kids had lots of fun with their Grandmas and Grandpas.

 We also hosted Savannah's book club at our house in October.   We read "The Best Halloween Ever" and we made Spider cupcakes .           
Chad continued the annual tradition of carving awesome pumpkins for the kids.  I'm so glad that he is talented in this area, because I am not!




 Halloween was kind of tricky this year because it fell on a Sunday.  We decided tht the kids would stay home and that we would have our own party.  Dan and Rachel and Ellie came over and we dressed up and made donuts.





The kids also did some "pumpkin bowling".  It turned out to be a great Halloween even without the usual trick-or-treating.  Who needs all of that candy anyway, right?

And of course, fall wouldn't be complete without a good romp in the leaves.  Emily and Andrew had a blast raking up piles and jumping in them.  I guess that is just a great way to celebrate autumn!

1 comment:

Brian and Kim said...

I'm so glad you've blogged! I love Fall and it looks like you guys had a great tim. I love all of your costumes! Too cute...especially little kids.