Tuesday, August 17, 2010

When Twins turn 4......

It seems like every day is fun at our house, but when you have a double birthday it's always an extra special day. On August 11th Emily and Andrew turned 4, and we had a great celebration. They woke up early and opened presents from Mom and Dad and homemade cards from Sarah and Savannah.

Both of them were very happy with their fun presents. Emily liked her "Strawberry Shortcake" doll.




And Andrew loved his "Buzz Lightyear"!

They also got new umbrellas. Luckily for them it was rainy on their birthday so they got to take them outside and try them out.



They also got new backpacks--getting ready for preschool!





One of the best things about a double birthday is double birthday cake! Emily wanted a chocolate "Princess and the Frog" cake.
Andrew had a white "Batman on a motorcycle" cake.



The best present of all came on the afternoon of their birthday when Grandma Jane, Grandpa Freddy, and Grandma Shirley showed up. And they brought a special surprise for the kids--cousin Abby! The kids were thrilled, and I think that they wore Abby out over the weekend. She is a huge help and I hardly saw any of them once she came! Also, Grandma Jane brought the kids some practice violins. Andrew couldn't wait to try his out!

On the day after their birthday we went to the zoo. It was a cooler day, which was perfect for viewing the animals and for playing.

















We finished up the day with dinner at Red Robin, where Andrew and Emily got birthday ice cream sundaes. It was a great finish to a multi-day celebration. By the time we got home Andrew was worn out, and needed a good snuggle with Grandma Shirley.


We had a great time enjoying these precious 4-year-olds. It's hard to believe that we've had them for 4 years. They have been wonderful, busy, crazy, frusterating, fun, exhausting, amazing years. I'm so grateful for Andrew and Emily and all that they bring to our family.






2 comments:

Robin said...

Looks like so much fun! I love Andrew playing the violin. Priceless! Wish I could have joined in on the fun. Sure love those little twinners!

Brian and Kim said...

I can't believe they are four already! What a great day for them. Love your background too!