Here are the 4 contestants at the start of the race.
And here is Sarah crossing the finish line. She tied for 3rd place and ran the mile in 7:31, which I think is awesome for anyone, let alone a 3rd grader! Obviously she got her running genes from the Hanson side of the family, because anyone who knows me knows that I'm certainly not a runner! Anyway, we're very proud of our athletic 9-year-old!

Our next activity of the week was Sarah's piano recital. She played "Ode to Joy" (while Andrew yelled, "Hey! That's the Little Einstein's song!") and "Tap Dance". She's come a long way on the piano since she started last September, and she really did a great job.
Here she is with her teacher, Mrs. Ruoff.
And here she is enjoying the refreshments after the program.
Savannah has had a great year in kindergarten. She really enjoyed the all-day program, and has learned a lot. Now we're just looking forward to a fun summer!
We finished up the busy week with Savannah's kindergarten graduation. Her class put on a very nice program, and they all looked so cute in their graduation hats!
Savannah has had a great year in kindergarten. She really enjoyed the all-day program, and has learned a lot. Now we're just looking forward to a fun summer!
4 comments:
An 8 minute mile! That's amazing. Way to go Sarah.
way to go girls!!
Congrats on kinder grad, Savannah!
Wow, Sarah, you rock!! (or should I say "run")
Have a great summer. I hope we see you in town.
Wow that is fast running. Now I have a new goal: to match Sarah's time.
Post a Comment