Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Avon, Connecticut

In May my mom and I had the chance to go to Connecticut to visit my sister, Robin, and her husband Phillip. They are living there for a few months, and it was a great excuse to take a trip! The first thing that we noticed when we got there was that everything is really green. All you can see along the roads are trees! They are living in a town called Avon, and it's absolutely beautiful.

We also visited the town of Essex. There was a beautiful lake and lots of cute little shops. We dragged poor Phillip into way too many boutiques, but he was really a good sport. Also in Essex we rode on a steam train and a ferry boat. We saw lots of beautiful scenery and had a great time..
We also visited the beautiful Mystic seaport. It is a little town right on the water, complete with a drawbridge, which I somehow didn't get a picture of. We found lots of fun shopping here!

Overall, our trip to Connecticut was awesome. The best part was spending time with my mom and my sister( and of course Phillip!). We laughed and played games and just made lots of fun memories. I'm so grateful that my sweet husband was willing to stay with the kids so that I could have this opportunity!












2 comments:

LH said...

Looks like you had a great time!

Karen Keller said...

I can't believe how much you look like your mother!